The Grant will be given to projects that:
- Promote the practice of the preservation of cultural resources relating to lifesaving and early coast guard buildings, structures, furnishings, boats, archives, and objects. This grant could provide financial support for: setting up a 501(c)3, development of planning documents, archival and collection documentation, research and data collection in local, regional, or national archives or libraries. Proposals that preserve or promote lifesaving and early coast guard resources and documentation are encouraged.
- Encourage and support a wide variety of potential grantees including but not limited to not-for-profit (501(c)3), community groups, individuals, all government, historical societies, or organizations and groups seeking to save, restore, research, or promote important resources associated to lifesaving and early coast guard history.
The applicant will describe what the grant will accomplish, and the granting organization will evaluate the request based on its merits in preserving lifesaving and early coast guard history.
Grants amounts of $5000 or less will be awarded for proposed projects.
The application must be submitted electronically below. The application must include the following:
- Brief history of the requesting organization, including a statement of its capacity to fulfill the terms of the grant including the professional(s) or individual(s) that will be completing the project and their previous experiences with similar related projects.
- Project description
- Project budget
- Project mile stones with reporting due dates
- Photographs, drawings or images sufficient to understand the scope of the project and its context.
Applications can be submitted at any time
Grant recipients are required to provide a one page follow-up report one year after the award outlining specifically how the grant was used and the progress of the preservation project. Please apply below: