Top Menu

Frankfort Station House (1886 (at 1st site))

Elberta, 
MI
Built: 1886 (at 1st site)
Building Still Survives: Yes
Open to the Public: Yes

Station closed in 1937 at this site and moved to another location. Station house was used as the Marine Terminal for the Ann Arbor Railroad until 1985. In 2000 it was purchased by the Village of Elberta which began restoring it as a community center.

Location

Elberta Life Saving Station

1120 Furnace Avenue

Elberta, MI 49628

http://villageofelberta.com/life-saving-station/


No Public Phone

Building Private Phone: NA

Visiting Information

Open to the Public: Yes

Hours Of Operation

Check with site for hours of operation

Building Information

Station Building ID:

361.1

Building Type:

Station House

Year Built:

1886 (at 1st site)

Built Before 1965:

Yes

Design Type:

Bibb #3

Designer:

Albert B. Bibb

Building Still Survives:

Yes

Condition:

Good

Integrity:

Unaltered

Endangered:

No

Nature of Threat:

NA

On Original Site:

Yes

Current Use:

Community Center

Notes:

Station house is part of Elberta's Waterfront Park.

Owner/Manager/Lessee & Contact Information

Owner

Village of Elberta, MI

151 Pearson Street

Elberta, MI 49628

(231) 352-7201

[email protected]

http://www.villageofelberta.com/

Owner Code: Local Govt