Louisville Station House
Open to the public
Currently used as a(n) Office
The Louisville Station House was built in 1928 (at 1st site)
This Floating Station House (Floating Station) was designed by U.S. Coast Guard
Station closed in 1972. Station house was moved from the original site to a new site in 1936. After the station closed it was transferred to the City of Louisville, named Mayor Andrew Broaddus, and converted to offices and wharfboat for the steamship Belle of Louisville.
Station house was built along the lines the two earlier station wharfboats, but with a more durable steel hull. Station was built at Dubuque, Iowa, towed to Louisville, and commissioned in 1928. It's used as offices and shops for Louisville?s other historic vessel, Belle of Louisville.
Open to the public - Check with site for hours of operation
401 West River Road
Louisville KY 40202
City of Louisville, KY Waterfront Development Corporation
129 East River Road
Louisville, KY 40202
If you have questions, please contact:
President, Waterfront Development Corporation