Ludington Station House

Open to the public

Currently used as a(n) Museum (Future Use)

The Ludington Station House was built in 1934 (at 2nd site)

This Frankfort/Ludington/South Chicago Station House was designed by U.S. Coast Guard


This station building's condition is Good


This station building has been Unaltered


This station building is not endangered or threatened

Station still active at this site. Station house survives but is not used. Plans are being made to restore it as a museum exhibit.

Station house is still owned by the Coast Guard but the City of Ludington is working with the Coast Guard, the General Services Administration, the National Park Service, and the Mason County Historical Society to acquire the former station house and turn it into a maritime museum to be operated by the historical society.


Open to the public  - By Appointment

214 South Lakeshore Drive
Ludington MI 49431

Owner Information

City of Ludington, MI (Future Owner)
400 South Harrison Street

Ludington, MI 49431

(231) 845-6237

If you have questions, please contact:

John E. Shay
City Manager