The Smiths Point Station House was built in 1872 (with 1887 addition)
This Red House w/1887-88 Alts Station House was designed by USLSS (with Albert B. Bibb Addition)
Station closed in 1937 and turned over to GSA in 1954. Station buildings and grounds were sold to Suffolk County in 1956 (1960?) for recreational purposes. Station house does not survive at original location and may have been torn down after a new station house was built in 1912.