The Tawas Station House was built in 1876 (at 1st site)
This 1875 Station House was designed by Francis W. Chandler
Station closed in 2003 at this site and moved to a new location. Station house survives and is privately owned.
A large addition was added to the station house in 1936. In 2006 station house was restored on the outside to its original appearance and renovated on the inside. The Tawas station house was in service from 1876 to 2003. This is the longest known length of service of any station house.