Alpena Station Site
Also known as Alpena
The Alpena Station Site site was established in 1988?
Station still active. 1913 station house survives and is leased from the General Services Administration and shared with other federal agencies.
Station Site Notes:
Coast Guard Station Alpena opened as an Auxiliary-operated station in 1988. It is located on the second floor of the federal building in downtown Alpena. Thirty auxiliarists from the Thunder Bay Auxiliary Flotilla serve here along with one Active Duty BM1 and one Coast Guard Reservist who comes aboard each year with the Summer stock program. The station?s 23-foot small boat is kept at Alpena Marina (Station Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1913 station house (originally built as a customs house; now leased from the federal government and shared with other federal agencies) is surviving at this site