Amagansett Station Site
East Hampton, NY
Also known as Amagansett
The Amagansett Station Site site was established in 1849
Station closed in 1936 and site transferred to the Navy for use as a radio direction finder station. Site owned by the Town of East Hampton. 1880 station house survives but was moved off in 1902 site and is now a retail store. 1903 station house was sold for a private residence and moved off site. In 2007 the station house was bought by the Town of East Hampton and moved back to its original site. It will be restored as a museum.