Arena Cove Station Site
Point Arena, CA
Also known as Arena Cove
The Arena Cove Station Site site was established in 1902
Station closed in 1952 and turned over to the Navy in 1958. 1902 station house survives and is now the Coast Guard House Historic Inn.
Station Site Notes:
1902 new station nearly completed; 1906 improvements completed; 1921 contract awarded for rebuilding launchway (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1902; Transferred to the U.S. Navy in 1958 (USCG Historian's Website). Station became an inn in the early 1990s (Station owner).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1902 station house is surviving at this site