Assateague Beach Station Site
Assateague Island?, VA
Also known as Assateague Beach
The Assateague Beach Station Site site was established in 1875
Station closed in 1922 at this site and moved to another location. Station site turned over to GSA in 1965 and transferred to the Fish and Wildlife Service in 1966 as part of Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. Station house does not survive. Station house was dismantled in 1950 and some of the lumber was used to build cottages on Piney Island in Chincoteague.
Station Site Notes:
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.