Avalon Station Site
Also known as Avalon
The Avalon Station Site site was established in 1894
Station closed in 1937, and abandoned in 1948. 1894 station house survives but has been moved off site.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1895 new station built to replace old one, which was built many years ago and had become inadequate (USLSS Annual Reports). After occupying the site for several years it was found that higher ground would have to be acquired. A site was acquired in 1893 and the old site abandoned in 1894; abandoned in 1948 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The None at this site. 1894 station house (moved to a new site in Avalon) is surviving at this site