Baaddah Point Station Site
Neah Bay, WA
Also known as Baaddah Point (1910-[1941-1945]); Neah Bay ([1942-1946]-present)
The Baaddah Point Station Site site was established in 1972 (at this site, 1910 at original site)
Station still active. 1972 station house survives.
Station Site Notes:
1910 new launchway built at Baaddah Point on mainland opposite Waaddah Island to replace one swept away at Waaddah Island. Station moved from it original site to Baaddah Point (USLSS Annual Reports). The original station was moved from Waaddah Island to Baaddah Point in 1910 after large waves from the Pacific destroyed its boat rails. The station had to retreat again after the storm of December 2, 1967 which badly damaged one rescue boat and swept away parts of the walkway leading to the moorings. The new station, 920 feet west, on less vulnerable land, was operational in 1972; still in operation, now designated Neah Bay (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1972 station house is surviving at this site