Barnegat Station Site
Long Beach Township, NJ
Also known as Barnegat (1855-1968); Barnegat Light (1969-present)
The Barnegat Station Site site was established in 1855
Station closed in 1937 at this site and moved to a new location. No station building survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1884 rebuilt; 1905 improvements made; 1906 improvements completed; 1921 contract awarded for buildings removed to new site on account of encroachment of the sea, and repairs and improvements now being made to station building (USLSS Annual Reports).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.