Bethel Creek (House of Refuge) Station Site
Vero Beach, FL
Also known as 13 miles north of Indian River Inlet (1875-1882); Indian River (1883-1885); Bethel Creek (1886-1937)
The Bethel Creek (House of Refuge) Station Site site was established in 1876
Station closed in 1936. 1876 station house does not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1875 contract entered into, building rapidly progressing; 1876 in the process of equipment; 1882 extensive repairs (USLSS Annual Reports). Replaced in 1885 with the Indian River House of Refuge in 1885. License granted to Vero Beach, Florida in 1940 to use the site for park and recreation purposes.; replaced by the Indian River Inlet House of Refuge in 1885 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.