Biscayne Bay Station Site (House of Refuge) Station Site
Miami Beach, FL
Also known as Biscayne Bay
The Biscayne Bay Station Site (House of Refuge) Station Site site was established in 1876
Station closed in 1930 after station house was destroyed by a hurricane. Site acquired by the City of Miami for a public park in 1941?, possibly Ocean Terrace Park. 1876 station doe not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1875 contract entered into, building rapidly progressing; 1876 in the process of equipment; 1882 extensive repairs (USLSS Annual Reports). Destroyed by the Hurricane of 1930; The House of Refuge site was exchanged in 1941 for a site on Causeway Island in Miami Harbor for the use of the Coast Guard. The old site was acquired by the City of Miami for a public park (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.