Blue Point Station Site
Also known as Blue Point
The Blue Point Station Site site was established in 1855
Station closed in 1936 and abandoned in 1946. 1913 station house moved in 1949 to Ocean Beach become the clubhouse for the Fire Island Summer Club Condominium Association. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1886 contracts entered for repairs and enlargements; 1887 repairs made to boathouse; 1912 contract entered for rebuilding old station; 1913 work completed (USLSS Annual Reports). Station disappears from the records entering World War II; the site was abandoned in 1946 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The None at this site. 1913 station house moved to new site at Fire Island Summer Club in 1949. is surviving at this site