Bodie Island Station Site
Nags Head, NC
Also known as Bodie's Island (1878-1891); Bodie Island (1892-1941). Station may have originally also been called Tommy's Hummock.
The Bodie Island Station Site site was established in 1879
Station closed in 1937 and transferred to the Department of Interior in 1953. Moved to first location in 1955. Extensively renovated and moved to second location in 2013? Station house replaced by a new station house in 1925. 1879 and 1925 station houses survive and are part of Cape Hatteras National Seashore.
Station Site Notes:
1878 will soon be in operation; 1885 additions and repairs (USLSS Annual Reports). Transferred to the Department of Interior in 1953 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1879 and 1925 station house and 1903 station house. is surviving at this site