Bolinas Bay Station Site
Also known as Bolinas Bay
The Bolinas Bay Station Site site was established in 1917 (at this site, 1881 at original site)
Station closed in 1946 at this site and turned over to GSA in 1954. 1917 station house survives and is the College of Marin’s Bolinas Marine Station.
Station Site Notes:
1878 site offered; 1879 will soon be erected; 1881 completed and receiving its equipment; 1882 put into operation; completely destroyed by fire April 15, 1885; not rebuilt until 1917 (originally designed as volunteer life-boat station) (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1881; Turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1917 station house is surviving at this site