Bolinas Bay Station Site
Also known as Bolinas Bay
The Bolinas Bay Station Site site was established in 1881
Station closed at this site in 1885 after station house was destroyed by fire on April 15 of that year. Station wasn’t moved to a new site until 1917. 1881 station house does not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1878 site offered; 1879 will soon be erected; 1881 completed and receiving its equipment; 1882 put into operation; completely destroyed by fire April 15, 1885; not rebuilt until 1917 (originally designed as volunteer life-boat station) (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1881; Turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.