Bonds Station Site
Long Beach Township, NJ
Also known as Bonds
The Bonds Station Site site was established in 1848
Station closed in 1964 after being damaged during a storm in 1962 and replaced by Station Beach Haven. 1887-1888 station house survives at this site and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1887 rebuilding; 1888 rebuilding completed; 1917 station discontinued, to become auxiliary to one or the other active adjacent stations (USLSS Annual Reports); new site acquired 1886. In 1896 it became necessary to move the buildings from this site due to the encroachment of the sea. In 1899 a site more inland was acquired (USCG Historian's Website).