Brigantine Station Site
Also known as Brigantine
The Brigantine Station Site site was established in 1849
Station closed in 1946 and abandoned in 1948. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired?; 1883 completed (may be rebuilt station, although USLSS Annual Reports lists it in Established of Stations section); 1889 moved because of encroachment of the sea; 1898 new station being erected in place of old and inadequate one (USLSS Annual Reports). In 1888 a severe storm greatly damaged the buildings, station moved 500 feet north. In 1892 it again became necessary to move buildings to prevent them from being washed away; abandoned in 1948 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.