Browney’s Island Station Site
Also known as Browney's Island
The Browney’s Island Station Site site was established in 1874
Station closed in 1879 or 1880 and replaced by Crumple Island Station. No station buildings survive at this site. Station site acquired by the Great Auk Land Trust in 1996.
Station Site Notes:
1873 contracts for construction made; 1874 erected (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 10/16/1874 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.