Cahoons Hollow Station Site
Also known as Cahoons Hollow (1873-1939); Wellfleet (1940-1946)
The Cahoons Hollow Station Site site was established in 1873
Station closed in 1946 and abandoned in 1950. 1894 station house survives at this site and is the Beachcomber Restaurant.
Station Site Notes:
1872 site selected and in the process of construction; 1873 completed and equipped 1/1873; 1886 and 1887 contracts entered into for repairs and enlargements; 1888 extensive repairs and enlargements made; 1894 rebuilt to replace station destroyed by fire 2/25/1893 (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 12/12/1872 (USCG Historian's Website); station not listed after 1939, and property abandoned in 1950 (USCG Historian's Website).