Cape Malabar (House of Refuge) Station Site
Also known as Cape Malabar
The Cape Malabar (House of Refuge) Station Site site was established in 1885
Station closed on March 30, 1891. Turned over to the War Assets Administration in 1947. 1885 station house does not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1884 contract entered into; 1886 put into operation; discontinued 3/30/1891 (USLSS Annual Reports). Station was discontinued in 1891; property turned over to the War Assets Administration in 1947 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.