Chicamacomico Station Site
Also known as Chicamacomico
The Chicamacomico Station Site site was established in 1874
Station closed in May 1954. 1874 and 1911 station houses survive and have been restored by the Chicamacomico Historical Association as museums.
Station Site Notes:
1874 erected; 1885 additions and repairs; 1910 new station being constructed; 1911 station completed to replace worn-out antiquated building (USLSS Annual Reports). Chicamacomico Station was decommissioned in May 1954 as an active Coast Guard Station. It was deeded to Mrs. Lurania Midgett on December 5, 1967. The buildings were disposed of by GSA in 1968 (USCG Historian's Website).