City Point Station Site
Also known as City Point (1896-1939); Boston (1940-[1941-1943])
The City Point Station Site site was established in 1896
Station closed between 1941 and 1943 and replaced by Station Boston. Station house no longer survives.
Station Site Notes:
Note: This was a seasonal floating station anchored in Dorchester Bay off Boston. 1895 plans and specifications in the course of preparation; 1896 completed, anchored in position, and put into commission; 1897 put into commission; 1913 station rebuilt; 1921 repairs to station (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 8/7/1896; station discontinued as an active unit in 1930, but back on the list of stations in 1931; disappeared from the list of stations after 1939(?) [between 1942 and 1944] (USCG Historian's Website). Taken out of service around WW II when the current location at the Boston Base was established (Tim Dring).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.