Corson Inlet Station Site
Upper Township, NJ
Also known as Corson Inlet
The Corson Inlet Station Site site was established in 1924 (at this site, 1855 at original site)
Station closed on March 13, 1964 at this site. Station 1899 station house survives at this site and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1898 new station being erected in place of old and inadequate one; 1914 station so seriously damaged by storm as to require protective construction (USLSS Annual Reports). The original station built in 1855 was a 1855-Type station. That station was replaced in 1872 by a 1871 "Red House" type station; discontinued in 1964 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1899 station house is surviving at this site