Cross Island Station Site
Also known as Cross Island
The Cross Island Station Site site was established in 1929 (at this site, 1874 at original site)
Station closed on March 2, 1964 at this site and turned over to GSA. 1929 station house survives at this site and is owned by Hurricane Island Outward Bound School.
Station Site Notes:
1873 contracts for construction made; 1874 erected; 1882 sheds constructed for apparatus and stores (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 10/22/1874; 1964 property turned over to GSA (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1929 station house is surviving at this site