Currituck Beach Station Site
Also known as Jones's Hill (1873-1875); Jones Hill (Currituck Beach) (1876-1882); Whales Head (1883-1902); Currituck Beach (1903-1941)
The Currituck Beach Station Site site was established in 1874
Station closed in 1937. 1874 station house was torn down. 1904 station house moved 6 miles north of the original location to a site adjacent to the Penneys Hill Station. It is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1874 erected (1882/1883?); 1885 additions and repairs; 1902 old station has become unsuitable for occupancy and is being replaced by new one; 1903 new station completed (USLSS Annual Reports); station established in 1874; no site was acquired until 1898, the station being located on land which was apparently neither leased or owned by the United States (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The None at this site. 1904 station house moved to new site in Seagull. is surviving at this site