Cuttyhunk Station Site
Also known as Cuttyhunk
The Cuttyhunk Station Site site was established in 1890
Station closed in 1952 at this site and moved to a new location. Station Turned over to GSA in 1954. No station buildings are known to survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1889 in the process of construction; 1890 constructed and put into operation; 1912 improvements to build new boathouse and launchway completed (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed on 12/6/1889; station disappeared from list in July 1964 (USCG Historian's Website). Station house moved by barge to Menemsha, MA in 1952 to become USCG Station Menemsha.
Buildings at this Station Site
The None at this site. 1937 station house (moved to new site at Menemsha CG Station in 1952) is surviving at this site