Damariscove Island Station Site
Also known as Damariscove Island (1898-1902); Damiscove Island (1903-1939); Damariscove Island (1940-1960)
The Damariscove Island Station Site site was established in 1897
Station closed in 1960 and replaced by Station Boothbay Harbor. 1897 station house survives at this site and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1882 site selected and title secured; 1885 preparations for construction; 1896 proposals for construction will soon be invited; 1897 contracts for new station made, will probably be completed during present fiscal year; 1898 completed and put into commission; 1916 launching facilities extensively improved; 1921 launchway remodeled and power hoist provided, and well driven for satisfactory water supply (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 12/3/1897 (USCG Historian's Website). 1960 replaced by Boothbay Harbor (Tim Dring).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1897 station house is surviving at this site