Deal Station Site
Ocean Township, NJ
Also known as Deal
The Deal Station Site site was established in 1848
Station closed in 1937. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1882 station which was little more than a boat?house, and was extremely incommodious and had become dilapidated, being replaced by a new station; 1889 repairs and improvements (USLSS Annual Reports). The station was transferred to the inactive station rolls in 1938. Abandoned in 1946 (USCG Historian's Website). Closed on February 6, 1940 (Van Field).