Duluth Station Site
Also known as Duluth
The Duluth Station Site site was established in 1954 (at this site, 1894 at original site)
Station still active. 1954 station house survives.
Station Site Notes:
1894 built and receiving equipment; 1895 manned and put into operation; 1919 contract awarded for rebuilding beach boathouse and extension of lifeboat house at station; 1921 surfboat house rebuilt and extension made to lifeboat house (USLSS Annual Reports). The land for the Duluth Life Saving Station was donated by the City of Duluth to the Life Saving Service on 19 June 1866, and was on Minnesota Point. On 29 July 1890, the City of Duluth gave a warranty deed but this was not recorded until 1894 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1954 station house is surviving at this site