Eagle Harbor Station Site
Eagle Harbor, MI
Also known as Eagle Harbor
The Eagle Harbor Station Site site was established in 1912
Station closed in 1950. 1912 station house does not survive. 1938 boathouse survives and is being restored as the Eagle Harbor Life-Saving Service Museum by the Keweenaw County Historical Society.
Station Site Notes:
1905 site selected for new station and title obtained; 1906 title secured; 1908 plans and specifications being prepared; 1909 plans and specifications nearly completed; 1910 advertisement for construction proposals issued; 1912 station completed (USLSS Annual Reports). Turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.