Erie Station Site (Presque Isle at this site)
Also known as Presque Isle (1874-1882); Erie (1883-present)
The Erie Station Site (Presque Isle at this site) site was established in 1876
Station closed in 1878 at this site and moved to a new location. 1876 station house moved to new site. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1874 site secured, plans and specs being prepared; 1875 contract entered into, building rapidly progressing; 1876 completed and put into operation; 1887 repairs made to boathouse; 1910 extensive repairs and improvements (USLSS Annual Reports). Station was moved in 1878 to a more advantageous location (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.