False Cape Station Site
Virginia Beach, VA
Also known as False Cape
The False Cape Station Site site was established in 1875
Station closed in 1937 and abandoned on 1946. 1875 station house does not survive. 1897-1898 station house acquired by a private owner after station closed and was destroyed by fire in 1969.
Station Site Notes:
1874 erected; 1885 additions and repairs; 1897 are in the process of reconstruction (USLSS Annual Reports). Abandoned in 1946 (USCG Historian's Website); station was reactivated during World War II and abandoned in 1946 (Fielding Tyler, Old Coast Guard Museum).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.