Fletchers Neck Station Site
Also known as Biddeford Pool (1874-1882); Fletchers Neck (1883-1971)
The Fletchers Neck Station Site site was established in 1874
Station closed in 1971. Property and buildings sold to York County in 1973. Sold to private owner in 1993. 1874 and 1910 station houses survive at this site and are privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1873 contracts for construction made; 1874 erected; 1887 repairs made to boathouse; 1905 rebuilding of old station well underway; 1906 rebuilding completed (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 10/16/1874; The Work Relief and Public Works Appropriation Act of 1938 provided funds to expand the site, construct an equipment building and lookout tower, construct a boathouse and launchway, reshingle the roof of the main building, and repair the heating pipes; station closed on October 15, 1971 (USCG Historian's Website). Sold it to York County in 1973; York County sold it in 1993 (Station owner).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1874 station house; 1910 station house is surviving at this site