Forge River Station Site
Also known as Fargo River (1872-1876 or 1877); Forge River (1877 or 1878-1947)
The Forge River Station Site site was established in 1872
Station closed in 1947 and turned over to GSA in 1955. 1925? station house survives and was moved to Ocean Beach Park in 1948 to become part of Flynn’s Hotel, now the Fire Island Hotel and Resort. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
Buildings at this Station Site
The None at this site. 1925? station house moved to new site in Ocean Beach Park in 1948. is surviving at this site