Forked River Station Site
Berkeley Township, NJ
Also known as Forked River
The Forked River Station Site site was established in 1855
Station closed in 1947 and abandoned in 1948. In 1952 it was acquired by the New Jersey Dept. of Environmental Protection for use as Island Beach State Park. 1938 station house survives at this site and is a nature interpretive/learning center for the park.
Station Site Notes:
1872 will be completed by December 1st; 1878 repaired (USLSS Annual Reports). Abandoned in 1948 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1937 station house is surviving at this site