Gay Head Station Site
Also known as Gay Head
The Gay Head Station Site site was established in 1895
Station closed in 1952? and turned over to GSA in 1955. Replaced by Station Menemsha. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1895 built and put into operation (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 10/4/1895; station listed as still active in 1945 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.