Gilberts Bar (House of Refuge) Station Site
Also known as Gilbert's Bar (1875-1890); Gilberts Bar (1891-1940)
The Gilberts Bar (House of Refuge) Station Site site was established in 1876
Station closed in 1940 and used by the Navy as a patrol beach patrol station until 1945. Turned over to the Department of the Interior in 1952. 1875 station house survives and is the Gilbert’s Bar House of Refuge, a museum.
Station Site Notes:
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1875 station house is surviving at this site