Gloucester City Station Site
Gloucester City, NJ
Also known as (USCG Base) Gloucester City
The Gloucester City Station Site site was established in 1955
Station closed in 1988. 1911 station house survives at this site and is an office building.
Station Site Notes:
Station house served from 1911 until 1941 as a detention center where immigrants to the Philadelphia region were held. Between 1955 and 1988 it was used by the Coast Guard. In 1988 it was leased to Holt Oversight and Logistical Technologies and was restored in early 2000s as their corporate offices. The Coast Guard closed Base Gloucester City in 1988 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1911 station house is surviving at this site