Gloucester Station Site
Also known as Gloucester
The Gloucester Station Site site was established in 1900
Station closed in 1974? at this site and moved to a new location. Station buildings intentionally burned. Station still active at new site.
Station Site Notes:
1900 new station being constructed: 1901 completed and put into operation (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 12/10/1901. Station discontinued in 1934 as a result of requirements to retrench in the face of budget reductions, but was back on the list of active stations in 1935 (USCG Historian's Website). Moved to new location in late 1970s (Tim Dring).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.