Golden Gate Park Station Site
San Francisco, CA
Also known as Golden Gate Park
The Golden Gate Park Station Site site was established in 1877
Station closed in 1951. 1876 station house survives but was moved off site and is privately owned. No other station buildings survive.
Station Site Notes:
1875 difficulty obtaining title causing delay in construction; 1877 site selected, contract entered, to be completed by 12/23/1877; 1878 ready 1/25/1878, opened 8/13/1878; 1879 wood-house erected; 1892 extensive repairs and improvements; 1917 contract awarded for building new dwelling; 1918 dwelling rebuilt (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1894; discontinued in 1951 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.