Grande Pointe au Sable Station Site
Also known as Grande Pointe au Sable (1877-1916); Big Sable Point (1923-1938)
The Grande Pointe au Sable Station Site site was established in 1877
Station closed in 1921 and turned over to GSA in 1954. Fate of 1877 and 1904 station houses is unknown.
Station Site Notes:
1904 preparations made and contracts awarded for rebuilding old station; 1905 new station completed (USLSS Annual Reports). Station was built "one mile south of light" and opened for service on May 15, 1877. Station is listed with various names such as Big Sable Point (1923) and Grand Point Sable (1925). Listed as inactive in 1937. Turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
It is unknown if there are surviving station houses at this site.