Hereford Inlet Station Site
North Wildwood, NJ
Also known as Hereford Inlet
The Hereford Inlet Station Site site was established in 1849
Station closed in 1882 at this site and moved to a new location. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1882 moved to new site due to coastal erosion; 1888 old station replaced; 1914 station so seriously damaged by storm as to require protective construction (USLSS Annual Reports). Station moved in 1881 because of encroachment of the sea. In 1888 a new site was acquired across the street from the former site and adjoining the lighthouse reservation; discontinued on 3/20/1964 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.