Humboldt Bay Station Site
Also known as Humboldt Bay
The Humboldt Bay Station Site site was established in 1878
Station still active. 1936 station house survives. 1878 station house torn down after new station was built.
Station Site Notes:
1875 difficulty obtaining title to site causing delay in construction; 1876 unable to obtain construction proposals; 1878 completed and receiving equipment; 1879 annex added; 1885 improvements for newly-employed crew; 1889 under reconstruction (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1878; occupied a portion of the lighthouse station (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1936 station house is surviving at this site