Indian River Inlet Station Site
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Also known as Indian River Inlet
The Indian River Inlet Station Site site was established in 1964 (at this site, 1876 at original site)
Station still active. station house survives.
Station Site Notes:
1874 arrangements made for erection; 1875 in the process of construction, to be completed by Jan 1, 1876; 1884 enlargement and improvements?; 1885 completed? (USLSS Annual Reports). Turned over to GSA in 1963; station closed and turned over to the state of Delaware in 1962 after it was heavily damaged by the storm of March 1962; a new station was dedicated at Indian River Inlet on 27 March 1964; construction was completed in April of the same year. Station Indian River mans a Sub-Search and Rescue Unit at Roosevelt Inlet, Lewes, Delaware six months of the year. In the fall of 1983, construction of the new Operations/Barracks building at Roosevelt Inlet was completed (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1964 station house is surviving at this site