Indian River Inlet (House of Refuge) Station Site
Fort Pierce, FL
Also known as Indian River Inlet
The Indian River Inlet (House of Refuge) Station Site site was established in 1885
Station closed in 1937 and replaced by Station Fort Pierce. Station turned over to Department of Interior in 1948. 1885 station house does not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1884 contract entered into; 1885 in the process of completion or completed; 1886 put into operation; 1887 repairs made to station (Indian River Station?) (and moved to better site) (USLSS Annual Reports). House turned over to Department of Interior in 1948; replaced Indian River House of Refuge in 1885; Station Fort Pierce is a descendent of this House of Refuge (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.