Island Beach Station Site
Berkeley Township, NJ
Also known as Island Beach
The Island Beach Station Site site was established in 1848
Station closed in 1937 and abandoned in 1946. In 1952 it was acquired by the New Jersey Dept. of Environmental Protection for use as Island Beach State Park. 1898 station house survives at this site and is a maintenance center for the park.